Special Issue on Metabolomic Biomarkers
Published 14 June, 2018
Metabolomic biomarkers are poised to rapidly emerge as critical components of clinical decision-making. Compared to classical diagnostic approaches and conventional clinical biomarkers, metabolites may offer improved sensitivity and specificity. The focus of our special issue is to highlight:
- Major advances in metabolomics that are enabling biomarker development and application
- Emerging metabolomic biomarkers
- Emerging platforms for metabolomic biomarker discovery and clinical application
- Ongoing challenges in metabolomics for biomarker discovery and deployment
- Comparisons of the challenges in metabolomics biomarker development relative to other ‘omics’
In addition to traditional articles and reviews, we are also soliciting nano-publications describing/reviewing particular biomarker candidates.
Do you have a paper for submission to the Advances in Biomarker Science and Technology special issue? Submit your paper before August 1, 2018.
We also welcome papers that are not on our special issue topics, find out more about the journal scope here.
Parag Mallick, Stanford University, USA
Editor-in-Chief, Advances in Biomarker Science and Technology
Jonathan Katz, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Guest Editor, Special Issue on Metabolic Biomarkers