The Internet of Things (IoT) is a heterogeneous network consisting of objects or devices connected to the Internet with a wired or wireless connection. Typical IoT devices are sensors that generate a massive volume of data daily. It is expected that more than 41.6 billion devices will be connected to the IoT by the year 2025. Traditional data processing and management cannot handle such a large volume of information.
Artificial intelligence (AI) techniques have been introduced into data science to handle similar challenges. Moreover, AI has been used in IoT data management and processing, and has proven to be both practical and efficient.
In this special issue, we invite researchers from academia and industry to discuss the combination of AI techniques and IoT data management schemes, both theories and applications, under various IoT scenarios; e.g., smart manufacturing, smart factories, smart grid, smart mining farms, etc.
- Reviews about AI techniques for IoT data management and processing
- New AI models and architectures for IoT data management and processing
- AI-powered IoT data management
- Data collection and storage
- Data compression
- Missing data imputation
- Time series data prediction
- Sensor data anomaly detection
- Information fusion
- Data security and privacy protection
- Relevant industry standards, platforms, testbeds and tools
- New development and combination with other advanced techniques, e.g., cloud computing, digital twin, etc.
Submission deadline: 31 March 2023
For further enquiries, please email email@example.com, and the editing team will respond promptly.
- Dr. Weiwei Jiang, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Weixi Gu, China Academy of Industrial Internet, China. Email: email@example.com
- Dr. Qian Liu, Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China, China. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Miao He, Yanqi Lake Beijing Institute of Mathematical Sciences and Applications, China. Email: email@example.com
- Dr. Sheng Liu, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, Canada. Email: Sheng.Liu@rotman.utoronto.ca