In the the classical electrical grid, interaction flows in one direction only, with power being delivered to the consumer. We are now entering the age of the smart grid, which introduces a two-way exchange, with electricity and information flowing between the power suppliers and consumers. This growing technology network also supports renewable technologies, such as wind and solar energy production. Current research on the smart grid aims to increase the efficiency, reliability, economics and sustainability of the generation, transmission and distribution of electrical power. New studies also focus on the challenges associated with consumer installation, management of energy demand and distribution, load automation & control, and commercial validation.
This special issue will feature papers exploring the requirements, challenges and recent technologies involved in smart grid enhancements.
- Technical issues that are encountered during the integration of smart renewable energy systems with public grids
- Advances in energy transmission and distribution techniques to enable lower transmission losses and better energy system integration
- Real case studies on energy management of loads and sources
- Comparisons between different hybrid renewable energy and storage systems to achieve cost-effective and ecosystem-friendly solutions for smart grids
- The effect of architectural design and materials used in buildings and cities for a clean environment.
- Studies and recommended approaches for the distribution and electricity tariff for “on demand” energy systems used in smart grids
- Submission deadline: 15 January 2022
- Online publication date: 5 April 2022
- Dr. Ahmad Atieh, Ottawa University, Canada. Email:email@example.com (Managing Guest Editor)
- Pr. Maher Chaabene, the IREC Chairman. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about International Renewable Energy Congress – IREC:
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: International Renewable Energy Congress - IREC
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/irec-international-renewable-energy-congress-10459954/
- Twitter: IREC_Tunisia