In recent years, pipeline systems have achieved a new level of intelligent management. This reform delivers smart operation and management techniques with abundant data resources, while putting forward new challenges to the models and algorithms involved. Long-distance pipelines still face issues such as low utilisation rates of data, data inaccuracy, ‘isolated information’ and a poor ability to analyse and control pipeline operation. To address these challenges, various emerging technologies have gradually been applied in pipeline management, including the Internet of Things (IoT), geographic information systems (GIS), enterprise resource planning systems (ERP) and artificial intelligence. However, these applications are not mature enough and need to be explored further.
We welcome critical review articles and original research papers focusing on the architecture, working principles and design methods of smart operation and management.
- Overview of state-of-the-art intelligent management technologies
- Design of intelligent pipeline management systems
- Pipeline operation data integration and mining
- Scheduling and emergency management
- Economics and sustainability
- Safety dynamic assessment
- Dynamic quantification of flexibility and reliability
- Multi-factor intelligent pipeline modelling and advanced intelligent algorithms
- Geographic information technologies and pipeline analysis
- Intelligent management software
- Submission deadline: 1 September 2021
- Publication date: 1 December 2021
All articles should be submitted online; please select the option "Special Issue on Smart Operation and Management of Pipelines".
- Dr. Yongtu Liang, China University of Petroleum-Beijing, China. Email: email@example.com;
- Dr. Haoran Zhang, Mälardalen University, Sweden. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;