This special issue presents the major advances in the field of biomaterials-based in vitro microenvironment modeling for unveiling the crosstalk between cell and microenvironment; as well as smart materials-based new strategies targeting organ, tissue and cellular microenvironments for better therapeutic outcomes.
- Design of in vitro 3D organ/tissue/cellular microenvironment models
- Smart biofabrication and micro-/nano-devices of organ models
- Novel materials for organoid system
- Matrix biology in tumor microenvironments
- Smart biomaterials-based strategies for targeting microenvironments
- Biomaterials for delivery of bioactive cells/drugs/RNA and regulation of microenvironments
This special issue accepts articles with in vitro studies and in vivo evaluations, pre-clinical studies, clinical translation and clinical applications of biomaterials. Scientists and clinicians are encouraged to submit manuscripts with multidisciplinary contributions.
- Submission deadline: 1 November 2023
- Managing Guest Editor: Prof. Chun Liu, First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat-sen University, China. Email: email@example.com
- Prof. Xiaoding Xu, Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou, China. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. Jianxun Ding, Key Laboratory of Polymer Ecomaterials, Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China. Email: email@example.com