In recent years, there has been a strong push by industry in the extended reality (XR) space. However, this has also led to some confusion, as the media often uses the terms ‘augmented reality’ (AR) and ‘virtual reality’ (VR) interchangeably.
We believe that much can be learned from investigating the shared, and especially the unique elements of AR and VR. For this special issue, we invite articles that present an overarching perspective by discussing a particular research aspect in depth for AR and VR. We are particularly interested in articles that address several aspects in a multidisciplinary manner.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Human factors
- Computer graphics
- Computer vision
- Embedded computing
- Hardware and software architectures
- Expressions of interest: 15 June 2022
- Notification of preliminary acceptance: 30 June 2022
- Submission Deadline: 31 July 2022
- Expected publication date: 20 December 2022