Green or clean technologies seek to reduce the adverse impact of existing technologies on the environment by introducing new or improved industrial processes, practices and applications. For example, in the chemical/pharmaceutical industry, these activities cover three key areas.
- Source correction methods: For example, a change in the raw materials used, modification/replacement of chemical process equipment and recycling/reuse of solvents.
- Greener/cleaner routes to the product synthesis: This includes changes to the processing steps for the production of new or existing chemical substances, and improvements to process parameters.
- Energy efficient processes: This category focuses on improving energy efficiency, reducing greenhouse emissions, and the use of renewable energy sources in the plant.
The ultimate aim of green/clean technologies is to meet the targets set out by the United Nations in its Sustainable Development Goals, which are designed to protect the environment and ecology for our next generation.
This special issue will provide a variety of perspectives on the green technologies adopted by industries and/or developed by academia/research institutions. We welcome novel, high-quality, original research articles, as well as review articles, short communications and letters focusing on green technologies for sustainable development.
- Green chemistry and green synthesis using nano-catalysts
- Photo catalysts and micellar catalysis
- Ultrasound and microwave assisted green technology
- Green energy and bio-fuel
- Wastewater treatment for recycling/reusing
- Chemicals from biomaterials
- Circular economy
- Atom economy and E-factor
- Nature-based catalyst
- Efficient use of non-renewable resources
- Submission deadline: 15 April 2021
- Managing Guest Editor: Dr. Vimal Gandhi, Dharmsinh Desai University, India. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. P.A. Joshi, Dharmsinh Desai University, India. Email: email@example.com
- Dr. Jalesh Purohit, Dharmsinh Desai University, India. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Kinjal Shah, College of Urban Construction at Nanjing Tech University, China. Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org