Petroleum is an academic quarterly journal about petroleum geology and petroleum engineering sponsored by Southwest Petroleum University, China. Petroleum aims to strengthen the international communication of petroleum science and technology and give great impetus to the scientific and technological development of petroleum exploration and production. The journal publishes original research papers in English on all aspects of exploration and development of oil and gas fields.
Examples of appropriate topical areas that will be considered include the following:
- comprehensive research on oil and gas reservoir (reservoir geology)
- oil and gas reservoir geological basis
- reservoir geochemistry
- reservoir formation mechanism
- reservoir identification methods and techniques
- the kinetics of oil and gas basin and the analysis of oil and gas potential resource
- fine description factors of hydrocarbon accumulation
- mechanism analysis on recovery and dynamic accumulation process
- the relationship between the factors accumulation and accumulation process
- analysis of oil and gas potential resource
- complex reservoir geophysical prospecting theory and method
- geophysical basis of deep geologic structure and hydrocarbon occurrence background
- geophysical prediction of deep and complex reservoir
- physical test analysis and numerical simulation of the reservoir rock
- anisotropic medium seismic imaging theory and new technology of multiwave seismic exploration
- theory and method of reservoir fluid geophysical identification and prediction
- complex reservoir development theory, method, technology and design
- reservoir percolation theory and application technology
- field development theories and methods
- theory and technology on how to enhance recovery efficiency
- oil and gas well working liquid and reservoir protection technology
- oil and gas wells work chemicals and mechanics
- reservoir protection technology
- new techniques, new technologies of oil and gas drilling and production
- under-balanced drilling/gas drilling
- special track well drilling
- oil and gas well cementing and completion
- oil and gas well safety engineering application
- new technology of fracture acidizing
Honorary Editor-in-Chief: Paitoon Tontiwachwuthikul
View full editorial board
Sudiptya Banerjee | Zaid R. Abdulsattar | ...
Jianqiang Xue | Nianyin Li | ...
Zhou Fan | Xiaogang Hu | ...
Find out more about Prof. Wilson's Petroleum Paper.
Find out which articles received the most citations in 2016.
Professor Paitoon, the Honorary Editor-in-Chief of Petroleum Visiting the Journal Publishing Center of the Southwest Petroleum University