Plant Diversity (formerly Plant Diversity and Resources) is an international plant science journal that publishes substantial original research and review papers that
- advance our understanding of the past and current distribution of plants,
- contribute to the development of more phylogenetically accurate taxonomic classifications,
- present new findings on or insights into evolutionary processes and mechanisms that are of interest to the community of plant systematic and evolutionary biologists.
While the focus of the journal is on biodiversity, ecology and evolution of East Asian flora, it is not limited to these topics. Applied evolutionary issues, such as climate change and conservation biology, are welcome, especially if they address conceptual problems. Theoretical papers are equally welcome. Preference is given to concise, clearly written papers focusing on precisely framed questions or hypotheses. Papers that are purely descriptive have a low chance of acceptance.
Fields covered by the journal include:
- plant systematics and taxonomy
- evolutionary developmental biology
- reproductive biology
- phylo- and biogeography
- evolutionary ecology
- population biology
- conservation biology
- molecular evolution
- comparative and evolutionary genomics
Plant Diversity publishes original articles, review articles, short letters, modeling/theory and methods articles, rapid reports and special thematic issues.
The journal is affiliated with Kunming Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences and Botanical Society of China.
Xue Dong | Xiaodong Jiang | ...
Jie Chen | Hong Zhao | ...
Xinhua Li | Licun Zhang | ...