Synthetic and Systems Biotechnology
Synthetic and Systems Biotechnology aims to promote the communication of original research in synthetic and systems biology, with strong emphasis on applications towards biotechnology.
This journal is a quarterly peer-reviewed journal led by Editor-in-Chief Lixin Zhang. The journal publishes high-quality research; focusing on integrative approaches to enable the understanding and design of biological systems, and research to develop the application of systems and synthetic biology to natural systems. This journal will publish Articles, Short notes, Methods, Mini Reviews, Commentary and Conference reviews.
The journal covers a wide range of topics, including new technologies, processes, methods, materials, systems, and applications in the field of synthetic and systems biotechnology and biomedicine. Areas of particular interest include, but are by no means limited to:
- Production of natural products and other small molecules (e.g. antibiotics and other therapeutics, biofuels, peptides, chemicals, fragrances and flavours)
- Engineering of biological pathways and circuits, including computational design and modelling
- Engineering of optimized general chassis organisms, e.g., by metabolic engineering and genome minimisation
- Genome construction, editing, and design
- Analytical platforms for the debugging of engineered biosystems, including metabolomics, RNA-seq, flow cytometry, and imaging mass spectrometry
- Novel DNA synthesis, assembly and editing methods
- In vitro, cell-free and artificial systems for biomolecule production and pathway prototyping
- Mammalian synthetic biology
- Enzyme/protein engineering by rational design and directed evolution
- Creation of building block, or part, libraries for synthetic biology, including libraries of catalysts, regulators and control elements
- Laboratory automation and robotics for synthetic biology and biosystems engineering
- Predictive computational and statistical modelling approaches for synthetic biology
- Data integration and data management for systems and synthetic biology
- Standards and best practices for synthetic biology experimentation and its applications
- Economic, regulatory, societal and ethical aspects of advanced industrial applications of synthetic biology
Allison E.B. Turner | Jonas E. Gerson | ...
We are now accepting papers for this special issue on new vistas in quantitative biology.
We are now accepting papers for our special issue on metabolic pathway engineering.
Gao Yi Tan | Faying Zhu | ...
Xiaoqiang Jia | Chang Liu | ...