KeAi, the Open Access journal publishing joint venture of Elsevier and China Science Publishing Media Group is seeking a
Publishing Director, Health and Medical Sciences, Life Sciences, and Social Sciences
Combining more than 160 years of knowledge and experience of its founders Elsevier and Chinese Science Publishing Media Group, KeAi publishes more than 130 rigorously peer reviewed, international, quality Open Access journals in all scientific disciplines.
About the role:
As Publishing Director, Health and Medical Sciences, Life Sciences, and Social Sciences, you will be responsible for developing an actionable publishing strategy to support our ambitious growth plans and overall strategy, which is built on our belief in the global impact of research from China.
You will lead and develop a team of (currently) 5 journal publishers to translate the publishing strategy into effective portfolio management, including acquisitions, new journal launches and international journal development, in the fields of Health and Medical Sciences, Life Sciences, and Social Sciences.
You will establish and maintain meaningful relationships with key influencers in the market and serve as one of KeAi’s key representatives to the communities we serve, especially in the fields of Health and Medical Sciences, Life Sciences, and Social Sciences.
You will advise KeAi’s management on global opportunities and business development.
Skills, experience and behaviours:
The ideal candidate has at least 5 years’ experience in STM journals publishing, is fluent in Chinese and English, has excellent networking skills, strong business acumen and preferably a proven track record of motivating and developing a team. Skills, experience and behaviours include:
- Educated to a master or PhD degree level
- Fluency in Chinese and English, in both writing and speaking
- At least 5 years’ experience in STM journals publishing, including management and growth of journal portfolios
- Profound knowledge of the Open Access publishing markets globally and China in particular
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and presentation to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- The ability to think creatively and be pro-active in solving problems and exploring opportunities
- Financial and business acumen and strong negotiation skills
- 8 - 10 weeks of travel per year, both in China and internationally
- Preferably leadership experience and expertise in the management and motivation of a team
In addition to a competitive salary and excellent employee benefits, we offer you the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and diverse team of professionals that collaboratively works on the continued success of an international publishing services company that is uniquely positioned in China.
We operate in an exciting market at exciting times: based in Beijing, serving international academic communities with quality Open Access journals, we are at the heart of the transition of STM publishing.
Powered by a globally leading information analytics business and China’s number one academic publisher, KeAi provides you with access to a unique network of people, knowledge and expertise to support the development of your career.
Apply for this position by sending your CV and a cover letter to
For more information about the position, please contact KeAi’s General Manager, Guangliang Li at G.Li@keaipublishing.com