Includes selected papers from The Tenth International Conference on the Beginnings of the Use of Metals and Alloys (BUMA X)
This special issue is inspired by The Tenth International Conference on the Beginnings of the Use of Metals and Alloys (BUMA X), held in Thailand in July 2022. BUMA serves as a bridge between the fields of archaeology, anthropology, history and metallurgy. It creates a forum for scholars from different specializations and backgrounds to present and share new research, insights, approaches and results of their archaeometallurgical investigations. This special issue will feature selected papers from the conference, and we also welcome submissions on the theme of “diversity and connection of metallurgy across Asia and beyond”. We are interested in new archaeological field work, analytical results of finds, new approaches and new technologies in archaeometallurgical studies, new interpretations of legacy data, comparative studies, as well as experimental and ethnographic data drawn from various regions in Asia and beyond.
- Connecting the dots: metallurgy, societies, connection and diversity within the Asian continent
- Beyond Asia: metallurgical connection and diversity on a global scale
- Human and environmental impacts of metallurgy in past societies
- New or advanced analytical techniques in archaeometallurgy
- Submission deadline: 1 November 2022
Preferred English spelling:
- US English
- Please read the Guide for Authors before submitting. All articles should be submitted online; please select SI: BUMA X on submission.