Avian evolution and ecology are both constantly evolving research topics, and the past 10 years has seen them become ever more intertwined. The rise in the interplay between the two has been sparked by novel and innovative approaches, such as the development of new DNA sequencing technologies, along with other methodological and theoretical advances.
This special issue will explore the interplay between wild bird evolution and ecology. We welcome research and review articles containing innovative ideas on this important topic.
These include, but are not limited to:
- How free-living birds have undergone adaptive changes in their interaction with environments
- Development of new DNA sequencing technologies
- Other methodological and theoretical advances contributing to this exciting development
- Submissions open: 15 January 2022
- Submissions close: 31 August 2022
- Final decision: On average, 6 weeks following submission
Please read the Guide for Authors before submitting. All submissions should be made via the online editorial system.
Dr. Yanhua Qu
Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China. Email: email@example.com
Dr. Lu Dong
Beijing Normal University, China. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org