Under the guidance of Xi Jinping’s Thought on Ecological Civilization, China has continuously promoted the reform of mineral resource management and green development in the mining sector. This has resulted in significant progress being made in the exploration and development of mineral resources.
To help people who care about the environment understand the exploration, development, management and reform progress of mineral resources, China’s Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) organises the annual compilation of China Mineral Resources, also referred to as the Report.This year’s Report focuses on progress made in China’s geological survey since 2021. For example:
- Reconnaissance, exploration and development of mineral resources
- Mine ecological rehabilitation and green mine construction
- Changes in policies and regulations related to mineral resources
- New measures taken in the management of mineral resources
- New scientific and technological innovation
- New achievements obtained throughinternational cooperation on geological and mineral resources with countries participating in the “Belt and Road Initiative”.