As the first comprehensive, English academic journal on defence science and technology in China, Defence Technology (DT) provides a high-level, international exchange platform to promote academic development in defence-related fields.
To nurture outstanding young scholars and improve DT's academic quality and global influence, we are currently seeking suitable candidates to join a new early career researcher editorial board (ECREB). The closing date for applications is 31 January 2023.
Our recruitment criteria
We would like to hear from you if you are an early career researcher who:
- Is affiliated to an institution outside China.
- Is 40 years of age or younger with a doctoral degree.
- Is engaged in research related to the defence field, is familiar with the research progress of the industry, and has a title equal to or higher than that of associate professor.
- Has been first or corresponding author on a) five or more papers published in journals indexed by Science Citation Index Expanded,or b) more than two papers published in journals with an impact factor greater than 4.
- Cares about and supports the development and work of the journal, and is willing to actively make suggestions for its development.
These criteria may not apply to researchers who preside over national-level scientific research projects and obtain major research results.
What you can expect in return
- You will be an official member of the ECREB and receive a membership certificate.
- Articles you have written or recommend will receive preferential consideration after peer review.
- Your achievements will be highlighted during academic activities organised by the journal and other media platforms.
- Members who make outstanding contributions to the development of the journal will be recommended for membership of the full editorial board.
Responsibilities of ECREB members
You will be expected to actively contribute to:
- The collection of high-quality manuscripts, the organisation and planning of journal manuscripts and the work of special issues. This includes submitting or soliciting at least one high-quality DT paper each year.
- The peer review work of DT.
- Academic editing of work submitted to DT.
- The construction of the journal's new media platform and summarising selected articles for publicity.
- Promotingthe journal through major academic conferences, activities or other academic channels at home and abroad.
- Co-sponsoring, undertaking or co-organising relevant academic conferences and trainings with the journal editorial office.
Interested in submitting an application?
Please email your CV as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 January 2023. The email subject should be "ECREB application". Your CV should include basic personal information, education, study visits and work experience, main research fields, awards and positions obtained, scientific research projects presided over, and a list of representative publications, etc.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email the editorial office of DT at email@example.com.
More about Defence Technology (DT)
DT is supervised by the China Association for Science and Technology and is sponsored by the China Ordnance Society. The latest impact factor for DT is 4.035, ranking it 24 out of 92 journals in Engineering, Multidisciplinary (quartile 2). DT has been included in several well-known search databases such as Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE), EI Compendex, Scopus, the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), Cambridge Scientific Abstracts (CSA) and the Chinese Science Citation Database (CSCD).