Special issue on earthquake scientific investigations
Published 27 October, 2022
Over the past half-century, numerous earthquake scientific investigations have been carried out by multiple scientific agencies, particularly by the China Earthquake Administration. Following earthquakes, a wealth of first-hand observational data, typical in-site samples, and valuable phenomena are acquired and subjected to these investigations. Based on reviews of the observational schemes and summarised reports of investigations organised by the China Earthquake Administration, a treatise entitled A Guidebook to Earthquake Scientific Investigation has recently been published.
For this special issue, we welcome research articles regarding all aspects of earthquake investigations, and studies of previous earthquakes.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Objectives, principles, contents and other components of earthquake investigation
- Case studiesof past earthquakes, addressing seismotectonic, seismic hazard, crustal deformation, geochemistry, gravimetry, deep sounding and strong ground motion etc.
- Submission deadline: 31 January 2023
- First review round: 30 March 2023
Please read the Guide for Authors before submitting. All articles should be submitted online; please select Special issue on earthquake scientific investigation on submission.
Questions can be emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guojie Meng, Institute of Earthquake Forecasting, China Earthquake Administration, China. Email: email@example.com
- Ying Li, Institute of Earthquake Forecasting, China Earthquake Administration, China. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zhongliang Wu, Institute of Earthquake Forecasting, China Earthquake Administration, China. Email: email@example.com
- Ruizhi Wen, Institute of Earthquake Mechanics, China Earthquake Administration, China. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chongyang Shen, Hubei Earthquake Agency, China. Email:email@example.com
- Yan Zhan, Institute of Geology, China Earthquake Administration. China. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org