We invite you to contribute a full research paper or comprehensive review for peer-review and possible publication in the Journal of Safety Science and Resilience (JSSR). JSSR is scheduled to publish its inaugural issue in 2020. We would be honored to have you participate.
JSSR is a scholarly journal that publishes scientific research on the latest improvements and the practice of safety and security. This is an area that emphasizes studies in both science and technology in the field: research into natural and man-made disasters, the impact of various hazards on human body, organization and community. JSSR is multidisciplinary and serves as an international medium for research in safety and security science.
We also encourage studies that address research questions derived from safety and security risk-management practice, works focusing on resilience that arise from social and technological advancements, as well as research into interdisciplinary and cross-functional issues. Both empirical and theoretical contributions are welcome. We also invite exceptional, extended papers from related conferences; such contributions must contain approximately 50% new content.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
- Theoretical and methodological research in safety and security science, resilience theory, risk analysis, security models and protocols, human behavior, standardization, etc.
- Experimental and engineering practice in safety such as disaster-mitigation engineering, fire protection system, fire safety design, instrumentation and experimental methods in earthquake engineering, storage and disposal of hazardous chemicals, crime science and crime prevention, etc.
- Models and simulations of disasters such as seismic response of buildings and other structures, building and forest fires, explosions of lifeline systems, gas and hazardous chemical leaks, floods, etc.
- Security-related technology such as video technology, cyber security, social media, intelligence analysis, privacy protection, computer/digital forensics, intrusion detection, the internet of things, sensor networks, remote sensors, real-time and embedded systems, mobile and intelligent agents, etc.
- Data analysis and assessment based on big data, trusted and trustworthy computing, data mining, visualization, etc.
- Emergency- response-related science and technology, such as early warning, risk-prediction model, scenario analysis, system analysis, evacuation, situation awareness, optimization analysis of responses, emergency exercise, serious game, etc.
- Data driven applications for safety science and resilience, such as sparse sensing, network inference, disaster exploration, slam in disaster, virtual reality, augmented reality, etc.
Manuscripts that meet the aims and scopes of JSSR will be published after a fast-track review process and will be published in open-access format. Article Processing Charges (APC) are waived. The maximum length of papers is 6,000 words.
Online Submission System: https://www.editorialmanager.com/JNLSSR/default.aspx?pg=mainpage.html
Submission Deadline: January 30, 2020
If you have any questions, please contact:
Ms. Chen Yang
Managing Editor, Journal of Safety Science and Resilience Editorial Office
Institute of Public Safety Research, Tsinghua University