The Nano Materials Science Award, established by the journal Nano Materials Science, is awarded biennially to individual scientists for outstanding contributions to nanoscience and nanotechnology.
This award aims to encourage contributions from scientists and engineers, stimulate innovation and promote development of nano materials research.
- Nomination criteria
Nominees should adhere to at least one of the following criteria:
- Display a considerable influence in the field of nanomaterial science and technology;
- Present significant new research or demonstrate exceptional contributions to the progress of nanomaterial science and technology;
- Greatly promote the large-scale application of nano materials and their new products to produce extensive economic and social benefits.
- Selection method
The Nano Materials Science Award recipient is selected by the Award Committee from nominees nominated by members of the Nano Materials Science Editorial Board.
The Nano Materials Science Award will be announced on the Nano Materials Science journal website and the recipient will receive a certificate and an award.
- Award cycle
The Nano Materials Science Award: one or two individuals;
The Young Scientist Award: one to three individuals.
- Withdraw mechanism
The Nano Materials Science Award will be withdrawn in the following circumstances:
1. Recipient’s involvement in academic misconduct
2. Significant debate on his/her academic achievements
3. Other improper means to win the award
The winner of 2021 Nano Materials Science Awards:
Prof. Zhonglin Wang, Beijing Institute of Nanoenergy and Nanosystems, China; Georgia Institute of Technology, United States
The winners of 2021 Young Scientist Award (aged 45 years and under)
Prof. Qiang Zhang (Energy materials), Department of Chemical Engineering of Tsinghua University, China
Prof. Xiangfeng Duan (2D materials), University of California, Los Angeles, United States
Prof. Valeria Nicolosi (Material characterization), Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Deadline for nominations
10 September, 2023
- Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org