KeAi Beijing Office
No. 16, North Street, Donghuangchenggen, Dongcheng District, Beijing
Purpose of the job
As an Analyst, you will work closely with KeAi Analytical Team and Publishers to deliver portfolio objectives of KeAi’s open access publishing program. The purpose of this job is to support the acquisition, maintenance and development of high quality journals’ content. The role will contribute to relationship building and maintenance with authors, reviewers, editors, professional societies and the academic community at large, by collecting, generating and analyzing relevant data, reports and market information.
Scope and responsibilities
- Provide strategic insights on portfolio development; assess the potential of new journal launches by exploring trends of subject fields, market demands, effect and impact of global and local policies, etc.
- Provide strategic advice on journal development; evaluate journal performance via bibliometrics analysis with focus on content growth, geographical distribution of authors and editors, level of open access, competitive position, usage, citation, etc.; suggest whether journals qualified for targeted abstracting and indexing databases
- Build relationships with and serve as main contact for targeted abstracting and indexing databases; manage journal applications as well as post-acceptance queries to ensure smooth running of journals on indexing platforms
- Deliver commissioned third-party information reports
- Assist with designing templates, e.g. of informative, coherent and clean journal reports; collect and share information on industry initiatives, competitor activities, OA policies, and funding trends and mandates; Search and advise on special issue topics, editor appointments, conference attendance, etc.
- Assist designing and building data infrastructure by collecting, cleaning, and analyzing journal-level data in statistical dashboard
Functional and technical competencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tool, Excel and PowerPoint in particular
- Affinity with and proven track record of building and using reports and analyses;
- Ability to initiate and maintain multiple projects at the same time;
- Good oral and written communication capabilities in English and Mandarin, business proficiency level
Education, knowledge, skills and experience
- Master’s degree in Science or related areas
- 2-3 years general working experience, preferably in a publishing environment
- Keen eye for detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated; collaborative team player; results-driven
We believe in the global impact of research from China:
Founded by Elsevier and China Science Publishing & Media Ltd, KeAi unfolds quality research globally, combining cutting-edge technologies and data insights with a personal approach to everyone we serve and everything we do.
In 2013, our focus shifted to open access publishing. We now proudly publish more than 100 world-class, open Access, English language journals, spanning all scientific disciplines. Many of these are titles we publish in partnership with prestigious societies and academic institutions.
We currently have three key objectives, which lie at the heart of all our core activities:
- To build on traditional and long-established publishing principles
- To enhance global visibility and access to scientific research
- To publish world-class academic journals