Control of emerging contaminants is proposed in China’s 14th Five-Year Plan (2021–2025). It is seen as an important step towards further improving the quality of the ecological environment and ensuring human health. However, tremendous challenges around effective control remain.
This special issue will feature the latest research in environmental pollution and control of emerging contaminants, such as pharmaceuticals and personal care products, persistent organic pollutants, endocrine disruptors and micro-plastics. It will also explore strategies to provide scientific and technological support for the further control of emerging contaminants.
Research papers on themes related to the control of emerging contaminants are welcome; for example:
- Environmental analysis and pollution characteristics
- Environmental behaviour, migration and transformation
- Toxicological effects, health and ecological risks
- Substitution and control technologies
- Control policies and strategies
- Submission deadline: 31 December 2022
Professor, Advanced Interdisciplinary Institute of Environment and Ecology, Beijing Normal University, China.
Associate Professor, School of Environment, Tsinghua University, China.