Cognitive Internet of Things (cognitive IoT) generally refers to an IoT system that incorporates key ingredients of human cognitive activities into the system design to process information in terms of perception, analysis and actuation. By learning and infusing more human awareness into the devices and environments we interact with, we can not only do things more efficiently, but reflect the way we interact with the real world.
Big data analytics and applications is a field that has consistently grown over the past decade or more, and a variety of applications have successfully used big data resources. Since cognitive IoT is conducive to effectively exploring big data analytics and applications, it is necessary to collect and investigate viable examples of this in action in diverse realistic fields, such as healthcare, business intelligence, industrial analysis, computer vision and natural language processing.
This special issue brings together experts, practitioners, scientists and decision makers from academia and industry. We welcome state-of-the-art works that foster the interaction of cognitive IoT and big data analytics and applications. Original research work, significantly extended versions of conference papers and review papers are welcome.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Theoretical advancements in cognitive IoT
- Cognitive IoT-based biomedical image analysis
- Cognitive IoT-based intelligent decision support systems
- Cognitive IoT-based fault diagnosis
- Cognitive IoT-based business intelligence
- Granular computing in intelligent data mining
- Other emerging cognitive IoT topics in engineering applications
- Submission deadline: 30 November 2023
- Publication date: 31 March 2024
- Dr. Ye Cui, University of Alberta, Canada. Email: email@example.com
- Dr. Chao Zhang, Shanxi University, China. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Aung Zaw Myint, University of Mandalay, Myanmar. Email: email@example.com
- Dr. Wentao Li, Southwest University, China. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Yuanlong Zhao, CCIC London Co., Ltd., UK. Email: email@example.com