Journal of Digital Economy (JDE, ISSN: 2773-0670) is a peer-reviewed, open access journal co-founded by Institute of Economics, Tsinghua University in China and KeAi Publishing (founded by two of the world’s leading STM publishers, China Science Publishing & Media and Elsevier). JDE sheds light on how this digital era is expanding, restructuring and challenging existing knowledge and traditional methodologies. It is a platform for both theoretical and empirical contributions to multiple disciplines, including but not limited to, Economics, Management, Sociology, Political Economy, Computer Science and Environmental Science.
JDE is committed to building an internationally renowned journal in the field of digital economy. For the purpose of further improving the quality and enhancing the international impact of JDE, as well as setting up an international academic exchange platform for junior scholars, we are organizing a Young Editorial Board (YEB).
We sincerely invite excellent junior scholars from all over the world in the field of related digital economy to join the JDE editorial team. We look forward to your excellent academic expertise and passion for international academic journals. Let’s work together to contribute to the international development of JDE!
- PhD or associate professor title (or equivalent title)
- High academic attainments (first or corresponding author of research papers on prestigious journals; principal investigator of high-level research projects)
- Insight into the frontiers of disciplinary development, with ability to organize manuscripts and special issues/special topics
- Enthusiasm for the journal and its development, with ability to solicit and review papers, plan special issues, publicize and promote the journal, etc.
- Certificate of appointment awarded
- One-year appointment term with possible extension
- Members and personal research achievements will be promoted on the journal homepage
- Academic conferences organized by members and participated in will be prioritized with regard to special issue publication
- Awards will be granted for contribution excellence
- Outstanding contributions to the development of the journal will recognize by progression to the Editorial Board (EB)
- Write or invite at least ONE manuscript during the fixed term;
- Assist the editorial department in regular editing and reviewing;
- Actively participate in publicity work, including but not limited to operating new media platforms with the editorial department and assisting academic conferences hosted by JDE.
Application and selection:
Right now, we are recruiting 10 YEB members. Places are limited, so recruitment is on a first-come-and-first served basis. The detailed application and selection process is as follows.
(1) Apply via email
Please submit your application via email with the subject line "JDE Young Editorial Board Member-Name" and attach the following documents to email@example.com.
- Personal statement - including a description of your expected contribution (1 page)
- CV - including name, contact information, current institution, research direction, education experience, scientific research experience, a list of representative papers, awards, etc.
(2) Selection process
Initial screening of application materials → Selection by the Editorial Committee → Interview → Notification by email → Announcement on the website → Award of appointment letter
The deadline for this recruitment is 30th June, 2023. Please be advised that we will be reviewing each application once submitted. We may not reply to every email, but applicants who pass the preliminary screening will receive a response within two weeks.
For more information, please refer to: