Special issue on privacy and security in the era of the digital economy
Published 22 August, 2022
Information privacy and security has become one of the biggest issues in the era of the digital economy, and has already received much attention worldwide. For example, both the EU and the USA have introduced very strict laws (GDPR and CCPA) to protect consumers’ privacy. China has not only introduced a personal information protection law, it has also highlighted the importance of personal information protection in both the "14th Five-Year" Digital Economy Development Plan and the National "14th Five-Year Plan".
In the era of the digital economy, users’ personal data has become extremely valuable to companies. Personal information protection faces unprecedented challenges with the development of information technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI), the Internet of Things, 5G and cloud computing. Promoting the protection of personal information is not only a beneficial measure for society, it is also an important guarantee for the sustainable and healthy development of the digital economy.
This special issue welcomes all types of research related to privacy and security in the era of the digital economy, including conceptual, theoretical, analytical and/or empirical.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Personal data protection in apps
- AI for privacy
- Trade-offs between personalisation and privacy
- Adoption, use and continuance of information privacy and security technologies
- Corporate strategies and governance in security and privacy
- Design and development of information security and privacy-enhancing technologies
- Neuroscience applications for information security and privacy
- Security and privacy in all domains, such as mobile commerce, healthcare and social media
- Security and privacy metrics
- Security and privacy of mobile devices
- Cognitive biases and heuristics in privacy decision making
- Privacy issues in human-computer interaction
- Security and privacy issues in emerging technologies,such as AI applications, blockchain and IoT
- Submission deadline: 31 December 2023
Please read the Guide for Authors before submitting. All articles should be submitted online; please select SI: Privacy and security in the era of the digital economy on submission.
Questions should be emailed to the editing team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dr. Bailing Liu, Central China Normal University, China. Email: email@example.com
- Dr. Ming Yi, Central China Normal University, China. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Guang Zhu, Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology, China. Email: email@example.com