Sedimentary basins host the great majority of the world’s oil and natural gas reservoirs. They are formed by tectonic stresses, which trigger the deposit of sediments by rivers, ocean currents and aeolian processes over millions of years. Therefore, identifying sedimentary facies, facies associations and their temporal shifts are important components of Petroleum System analysis. This identification is done via high resolution stratigraphic analyses and subsequent tectonic influence on sedimentation.
For this special issue, we are inviting submissions of case studies on sedimentary basin analysis and their hydrocarbon potential. We would like to hear from authors in a variety of regions, including Southeast Asia, India, Africa, the Middle East, Europe, North America and South America.
- Reservoir heterogeneity
- Geochemistry of hydrocarbon source rocks
- Stratigraphy in relation to hydrocarbon prospectively
- Diagenetic processes
- Tectonic evolution
- Basin evolution with implications on hydrocarbon resources
- Other related topics
- Submission deadline: 1 June 2021
- Publication date: 1 January 2022