Special Issue on Celebrating 10 Years of Excellence at PolyU’s BME
Published 06 May, 2021
2022 will mark 10 years since the opening of the Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME) at Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU). Over the course of that decade, the hard work of brilliant minds from disciplines such as biology, medicine, materials science and engineering, has seen the BME become a world-class leader in the advancement of human health. In the early days, the focus was on clinical engineering, medical instrumentation and prosthetics and orthotics; in more recent times, we’ve seen a growth in interdisciplinary research that incorporates advanced medical imaging, cellular engineering and anatomical biomechanics.
This special issue is designed to celebrate the important work taking place in the BME at PolyU. We welcome submissions from BME researchers, past and present working in the department – they will not only become a part of the 10th birthday celebrations, but also provide an inspiration for like-minded and talented people who want to join the BME.
- Medical imaging and biosensing
- Molecular and cellular engineering
- Neuromusculoskeletal science and engineering
- Prosthetics and orthotics engineering
- Rehabilitation engineering
- Submission deadline: 31 December 2022
Please read the Guide for Authors before submitting. All articles should be submitted online; please select PolyU BME 10 Years on submission.
- Dr. Xin Zhao, Department of Biomedical Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Yan Wang, Department of Biomedical Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China. Email: email@example.com
- Prof. Ming Zhang, Department of Biomedical Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org