Special Issue on Textile Materials for Biomedical Applications
Published 16 March, 2021
Biotextiles are processed biomaterials with textile fibrous structures and/or designs. Synthesis and manufacture of textile materials can be achieved by various processing and biofabrication techniques, providing unique properties and superior performance. These technologies are significantly advancing the biomedical applications of biotextiles, providing enhanced features and functionality, and potentially improving clinical treatments. This special issue aims to present recent advancements in biotextile material synthesis and fabrication technique developments, and their applications in biomedical research and clinical practice. Original submissions as research articles, perspectives, or review articles are all welcome.
- Biotextile design, fabrication, and characterisation
- Novel biomaterial synthesis for biotextiles
- Regulation of stem cell survival, proliferation, migration or differentiation by biotextiles
- Biotextiles for drug delivery, biosensors, wearable devices
- Biotextiles for implantation or tissue regeneration
- Biotextiles during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Submission deadline: 30 September 2021 (this may change)
Please read the Guide for Authors before submitting. All articles should be submitted online; please select Textile Materials on submission.
- Bin Duan, University of Nebraska Medical Center, USA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shaohua Wu, Qingdao University, China. Email: email@example.com
- Xiaoran Li, Donghua University, China. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qi Zhang, Soochow University, China. Email: email@example.com