Biotextiles are processed biomaterials with textile fibrous structures and/or designs. Synthesis and manufacture of textile materials can be achieved by various processing and biofabrication techniques, providing unique properties and superior performance. These technologies are significantly advancing the biomedical applications of biotextiles, providing enhanced features and functionality, and potentially improving clinical treatments. This special issue aims to present recent advancements in biotextile material synthesis and fabrication technique developments, and their applications in biomedical research and clinical practice. Original submissions as research articles, perspectives, or review articles are all welcome.
- Biotextile design, fabrication, and characterisation
- Novel biomaterial synthesis for biotextiles
- Regulation of stem cell survival, proliferation, migration or differentiation by biotextiles
- Biotextiles for drug delivery, biosensors, wearable devices
- Biotextiles for implantation or tissue regeneration
- Biotextiles during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Submission deadline: 30 September 2021 (this may change)