The swift development of real-time Internet of Things (IoT) applications, including intelligent transport networks, smart grids and smart city, is generating enormous amounts of data from diverse sources. Processing that data puts a demand on computing and communication systems that frequently exceeds the user’s requirements. The cyber-physical system (CPS) combines communication and computing potentialities with control and monitoring of entities in the physical world. These systems are normally composed of a set of networked agents, such as control processing units, actuators, sensors and communication machines.
Soft computing systems are now essential for studying CPS and IoT applications as they can monitor real-time sensed data. In spite of the abundant advantages of the integration of soft computing systems with IoT applications, challenges remain, including data quality and volume, and accuracy.
This special issue aims to gather recent advances and novel contributions from academic researchers and industry practitioners in the area of soft computing techniques for IoT systems and CPS. We welcome original research articles and comprehensive reviews.
- Collaborative soft computing-based IoT applications or CPS
- Fog/edge platforms and caching techniques for soft computing-based IoT Application/CPS
- Data science-based solutions for CPS using soft computing
- Applications of soft computing in CPS and intelligent IoT applications
- Real-time soft computing-based IoT applications/CPS
- Soft computing-based scalable hybrid systems for IoT applications
- Advanced soft computing-based models for intelligent IoT applications and predictive analysis
- Soft computing for efficient integration with CPS networks
- Submission deadline: 31 December 2022
- Imran Ahmed, IMSciences Peshawar, Pakistan. Email: email@example.com
- Abdellah Chehri, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi, Canada. Email: Abdellah_Chehri@uqac.ca
- Gwanggil Jeon, Incheon National University, Korea. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Le Anh Ngọc, Swinburne University of Technology, Vietnam. Email: email@example.com