Enormous studies have demonstrated that plenty of ncRNAs are critical regulators in a plethora of life events via a variety of mechanisms. NcRNAs generally function through interacting with proteins, DNA, or other RNAs (coding or noncoding). MicroRNAs are well known to participate in post-transcriptional gene regulation. LncRNAs play roles in the cytoplasm or nucleus to regulate processes such as gene expression and histone modifications. CircRNAs can function as microRNA sponge, modulators of transcription, or patterners of protein binding. With regard to the physiological roles of ncRNAs, numerous documents have linked these molecules with reproduction, regeneration, growth, development, tumors, aging, evolution, and even interkingdom interaction. The study of ncRNAs for their physiological significances and functional mechanisms in animals and human beings has become one of the most active fields of modern biology.
The main topics of consideration for this special issue include:
- Novel physiological roles of microRNAs.
- Physiological roles of other small ncRNAs.
- Physiological roles of long ncRNAs.
- Roles of circRNAs as ncRNAs in life events.
- Functional mechanisms of ncRNAs.
- Roles of ncRNAs in model organisms.
- Links between ncRNAs and diseases and pathogenesis.
- Epigenetic, ecological, or evolutionary roles of ncRNAs in animals.
We invite you to submit your paper for consideration to the Physiology roles of ncRNAs special issue before 31 October 2019.
Ge Shan, School of Life Sciences at the University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, Anhui, China