Oil and gas resources can be divided into two basic types: conventional and unconventional. Unconventional oil sources, which include tight oil (shale oil) and oil sand oil, have become an important part of global crude oil production. While unconventional gas sources, which include tight gas, shale gas, coalbed methane and natural gas hydrate, are driving the growth in global natural gas production.
In recent years, many countries, including China, the United States, Canada, Australia and Argentina, have effectively promoted the exploration and development of tight gas, coalbed methane and shale gas. They have become an important component of China’s natural gas production and form the basis for stable and increased crude oil production in China in the future.
- Unconventional oil and gas geophysical exploration
- Unconventional oil and gas geochemistry
- Unconventional oil and gas geomechanics
- Unconventional reservoir engineering
- Unconventional oil and gas well drilling
- Unconventional oil and gas production
- Unconventional oil and gas reservoir stimulation
- Enhanced unconventional oil and gas recovery
- Environmental protection during unconventional oil and gas development
We look forward to learning about your research work and results in this exciting and important field.
- Submission deadline: 15 October 2022
- Publication date: 15 June 2023
Please read the Guide for Authors before submitting. All articles should be submitted through online; please select “SI: EDUOG” on submission. All submissions will undergo a normal peer-review process. If the manuscript is accepted, the article will be published open access with no fee payable by the author.
- Dr. Bing Wei, Southwest Petroleum University, China. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Kadet Valeriy, Gubkin Russia State University of Oil and Gas, Russia. Email: email@example.com
- Dr. Xiaogang Li, Southwest Petroleum University, China. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Tianshou Ma, Southwest Petroleum University, China. Email: email@example.com