Regional Sustainability is an international, peer-reviewed and open access journal publishing high-quality articles in multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary subjects relating to sustainab...
Regional Sustainability is an international, peer-reviewed and open access journal publishing high-quality articles in multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary subjects relating to sustainability. The journal advances our understanding of the sustainability dimensions of environmental protection, economic development, and social development. It publishes theoretical and experimental research papers on:
- resources exploitation and utilization;
- environment pollution and management;
- biodiversity conservation;
- ecosystem function and services;
- land use and land use change;
- forestry sustainability;
- soil and water conservation;
- climate change;
- urbanization and informatization;
- human-land relationship;
- population migration;
- society transformation;
- agriculture and industry development;
- food security;
- poverty problem;
- circular economy/green economy/ecological economy/low carbon economy;
- supply chain;
- education and health-care development;
- public administration, operations research and management;
- rural issues and development;
- energy utilization and new energy exploitation; and
- other topics related to sustainability.
Regional Sustainability serves as a platform for researchers to explore the relationships among environment, economy and society. The journal publishes research that works towards the goal of achieving human-ecosystem equilibrium in which the exploitation of resources and the orientation of development are in harmony and not destroy or degrade the natural environment.
The journal releases four issues per year, covering full-length articles/research papers, review articles, short communications, editorials and short reviews. Occasional special issues provide in-depth discussion of contemporary issues. We welcome all original, innovative, and integrative submissions that make contributions to the theories and methods related to regional sustainability.
The journal is sponsored by Xinjiang Institute of Ecology and Geography, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
The Xinjiang Institute of Ecology and Geography (XIEG) of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) dedicates itself to research on resources, ecology and the environment in arid areas. With a focus on sustainable development, XIEG aims to play a leading role in the fields of oasis ecology and desert environment, mineral and biological resources in the...
Synergies and trade-offs of climate-smart agriculture (CSA) practices selected by smallholder farmers in Geshy watershed, Southwest Ethiopia
Impacts of climate change on the yields of leguminous crops in the Guinea Savanna agroecological zone of Ghana
1. Use of the knowledge, attitude, and practice (KAP) model to examine sustainable agriculture in Thailand
2. Charging infrastructure planning for electric vehicle in India: Present status and future challenges
Digital mapping of soil salinization based on Sentinel-1 and Sentinel-2 data combined with machine learning algorithms
Study proposes a two-step plan to combat China’s waning agricultural exports
Read the full story
Call for papers
Special issue on sustainable development in the context of climate change: achievements, challenges and prospects
Submissions deadline: 31 May 2023