Advances in Climate Change Research
Advances in Climate Change Research
Advances in Climate Change Research publishes scientific research and analyses on climate change and the interactions of climate change with society. This journal encompasses basic science and economi...
Advances in Climate Change Research publishes scientific research and analyses on climate change and the interactions of climate change with society. This journal encompasses basic science and economic, social, and policy research, including studies on mitigation and adaptation to climate change.
This journal attempts to promote research in climate change and provide an impetus for the application of research achievements in numerous aspects, such as socioeconomic sustainable development, responses to the adaptation and mitigation of climate change, diplomatic negotiations of climate and environment policies, and the protection and exploitation of natural resources. This journal also aims to make complex, policy-related analyses of climate change issues accessible to a wide audience.
Articles may focus on a broad range of topics at the interface of climate change and society, including policy and socioeconomic impacts of climate change. Due to the interdisciplinary nature of this journal, studies that involve natural scientists, social scientists, and policy managers are particularly encouraged.
Examples of appropriate topical areas that will be considered include the following:
- Changes in climate systems
- Impacts of climate change
- Mitigation of climate change
- Adaptation to climate change
- Greenhouse gas emissions
- Policy fora
- Climate policy
Beijing Climate Center (the National Climate Center of China Meteorological Administration) has the obligations to deliver climate service for neighboring and surrounding countries in Asia and international climate community. Beijing Climate Center organizes and coordinates research efforts on regional climate, operational predictions and climate a...
- Monitor and diagnose global atmospheric and ocean conditions, especially in East Asia, as well as significant climate events (e.g. ENSO);
- Provide global climate predictions and impact assessments at monthly, seasonal and inter-annual timescales, particularly in East Asia;
- Carry out research on global and regional climate change, detection development of regional climate scenarios and response strategy options;
- Strengthen collaborations between National Meteorological and Hydrological Service (NMHS) on related observation, communication and computing networks for data collection and exchange;
- Provide climate data base and archiving services;
- Provide relevant climate products services such as interpretation, evaluation, processing, detection and issue etc.
Comparison of the carbon cycle and climate response to artificial ocean alkalinization and solar radiation modification
Response of soil hydrothermal processes within the active layer to variable alpine vegetation conditions on the Qinghai‒Tibet Plateau
Evaluation of CMIP6 for historical temperature and precipitation over the Tibetan Plateau and its comparison with CMIP5
Achieving Paris Agreement temperature goals requires carbon neutrality by middle century with far-reaching transitions in the whole society
Climate change projections for the Middle East–North Africa domain with COSMO-CLM at different spatial resolutions
Call for Papers
Special Issue on Climate Emergency and Human Health and Survival
Submission deadline: 1 June 2023
Disastrous Effects of Climate Change on High Mountain Asia
Submission deadline: 31 July 2023
Explaining China’s climate in 2022
Submission deadline: 31 Mar 2023