This special issue is the result of a collaboration between Smart Materials in Manufacturing and the International Congress on Materials Degradation and Protection 2022.
The aim of the conference series, which took place online this year in November, is to promote, encourage and bring together researchers in the various Materials Science fields by providing an environment for exchange of ideas and recent research works. This special issue will feature research and review articles that align with that goal.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Novel smart materials and novel processing methods
- Surface and interface behaviours of smart materials in different environments
- Corrosion or degradation mechanisms of smart materials in different environments
- Effective methods to protect smart materials
- Functional coatings on smart materials
- Future trends and applications of smart materials in manufacturing
- Challenges and opportunities for the growth of smart materials
- Submissions close: 30 June 2023
- Publication date: 1-2 weeks after acceptance
- Prof.Rong-Chang Zeng, Shandong University of Science and Technology, China. Email: email@example.com