The use of big data and modern data analytical tools has grown rapidly in accounting practice and research. Researchers have addressed a plethora of topics in the areas of big data, alternative data, machine learning, natural language processing and FinTech. This special issue aims to promote a deeper understanding of these topics and facilitate dialogues among researchers from different disciplines, as well as between researchers and practitioners. We are primarily interested in two types of submissions: surveys of the existing literature and regular research reports.
- The use of big data and alternative data in accounting and finance practice and research
- The rise of FinTech and RegTech and its implications
- The applications of machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) in accounting and finance research
- The implications of AI/ML adoption for the labour markets of the financial industry
- Natural language processing (NLP)
- The transformation of financial disclosures in the age of AI/ML
- Regulatory response to emerging industry practices
- Structured disclosures and eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL)
- Blockchain, cryptocurrency and DeFi
- Submission deadline: 13 December 2022. Early submissions are encouraged.
- Publication date: accepted articles will be published online in this special issue on a rolling basis
- Kai Du, Assistant Professor of Accounting, Penn State University, USA. Email: email@example.com