(Senior) Publishing Support and Insights Specialist
KeAi Beijing Office
No. 16, North Street, Donghuangchenggen, Dongcheng District, Beijing
Purpose of the job
As (Senior) Publishing Support and Insights Specialist, you will work closely with the Publishing Information Analyst and publishers to deliver portfolio objectives of KeAi’s Open Access publishing program. The purpose of this job is to support the acquisition, maintenance and development of high quality journals’ content. The role will contribute to relationship building and maintenance with authors, reviewers, editors, professional societies and the academic community at large, by collecting, generating and analyzing relevant data, reports and market information.
Scope and responsibilities
- Provide strategic insights on portfolio development; assess the potential of new journal launches by looking at trends of subject fields, overall market demands, impact due to global and local policies, etc.
- Provide strategic advice on journal development; evaluate journal performance via bibliometrics analysis including content growth, geographical distribution of authors and editors, level of open access, competitive position, usage, citation, etc.; suggest whether journals qualified for targeted abstracting and indexing services
- Assist with designing templates, e.g. of informative, coherent and clean journal reports
- Collect and share information on industry initiatives, competitor activities, OA policies, and funding trends and mandates, etc.
- Search and advise on special issue topics, editor appointments, conference attendance, etc.
- Assist designing and building data infrastructure by collecting, cleaning, and analyzing journal-level data in statistical dashboard
- Build relationships with and serve as main contact for targeted abstracting and indexing databases; manage journal applications
- Deliver commissioned third-party information reports
Functional and technical competencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tool, Excel and PowerPoint in particular
- Affinity with and proven track record of building and using reports and analyses;
- Ability to initiate and maintain multiple projects at the same time;
- Good oral and written communication capabilities in English and Mandarin, business proficiency level
Education, knowledge, skills, and experiences
- Master’s degree in Science or related areas
- 2-3 years general working experience, preferably in a publishing environment
- Keen eye for detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated; collaborative team player; results-driven