Advanced Nanocomposites is an international, peer-reviewed journal that drives innovation in the design, development, modelling, and manufacture of nanocomposites to address challenges across various...
Advanced Nanocomposites is an international, peer-reviewed journal that drives innovation in the design, development, modelling, and manufacture of nanocomposites to address challenges across various application areas. These areas include, but are not limited to, aerospace, automotive, energy conversion and storage, infrastructure, maritime, health care technology, and recreational products.
The journal aims to promote the rapid publication of original research papers, authoritative reviews, and leading opinions that focus on the existing and emerging nanocomposite science and manufacturing technologies for processing polymers and cementitious materials, the characterization and analysis of structure and mechanical and functional properties of the resulting nanocomposites, and the assessment of their applicability across engineering sectors.
The scope of the journal embraces the entire workflow underlying the development of nanocomposites and their manufacturing processes, as well as fracture mechanisms encountered in engineering applications. Due to the multidisciplinary nature of nanocomposite science and engineering, topics of interest sit at the crossroads of:
- Design and synthesis of nanoparticles and their surface modification,
- Interfaces in nanocomposites,
- Characterization of nanocomposite structure and constituent phases,
- New approaches to prediction and measurement of mechanical, physical, and chemical behaviour,
- Analysis of mechanical performance and electrical, wear, barrier, antifouling, flame-retarding, sensing and thermal properties,
- Manufacturing science and engineering,
- Fracture mechanics, and
- The performance of nanocomposite devices