It is our privilege to announce that the 2nd International Forum on Climate Change and Health Response will take place at The Asia International Hotel in Guangzhou, China during December 2-4, 2018.
The Forum is intended to strengthen the research network on climate change and health, with a particular focus on the Asia-Pacific region. It will provide an ideal academic platform for researchers and policy-makers to discuss the latest developments and advancements in the field of climate change and human health, also to exchange ideas, foster friendships and build new networks. With the support and contributions from all participants, our 1st International Forum was successfully held in Guangzhou in last December. Totally, more than 300 professors, researchers, journal editors, government officers, and representatives of enterprises and media from over ten countries attended the conference.
This year, the Forum has invited a number of world-renowned experts from the USA, UK, Sweden, Germany, Italy, Australia, Korea, India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Malaysia, Vietnam, etc. Topics discussed in the forum will include but not limited to:
- Further understanding of regional exposure-response relationships for climate change related health risks, especially the time and thresholds of emergence of climate-sensitive health outcomes
- Evaluating the health impacts of climate change adaptation strategies, such as national climate action plans or municipal heat health early warning systems
- Documenting the health co-benefits of climate change mitigation strategies, such as the benefits of reduced air pollution from shifting to renewable energy sources
- Developing methods, resources and tools for climate change and health research, such as innovative modelling approaches or data base linkages
- Sharing global to local experiences in managing the health risks of climate change and extreme events
- Accelerating the implementation of Future Earth global research projects and building the community of a shared future and better health for mankind
The program will include Keynote speeches, Oral talks, Poster presentations and Exhibitions. Scholars from universities, research institutions, medical and health departments, meteorological and environmental protection agencies, as well as postgraduate students are warmly welcomed to attend the Forum. Please find attached the agenda of this year’s Forum.
Pre-registration is required for the event. The registration fee is 2,000 CNY for regular attendees and 1,500 CNY for full-time students (valid student ID card is needed), including conference materials, lunches, dinners, morning and afternoon tea on the 2nd & 3rd December. The deadline for registration is November 23, 2018.
Attendees need to arrange their own accommodation and local transportation by themselves; however, we are delighted to make a reservation for you at the conference venue, The Asia International Hotel, if needed. Deluxe Twin Rooms with two breakfasts are 600 CNY per night, and Deluxe Single Rooms with one breakfast are 550 CNY per night.
The Forum is calling for submissions of English abstracts related to our topics. Abstract should contain title, abstract, author names and affiliations, corresponding author e-mail, and be limited to 350 words. Please submit your abstract in WORD format as an attachment to: Climatefirstname.lastname@example.org , with an email subject of “ABSTRACT-Author Affiliation-Author Name”. The deadline for abstract submissions is due on November 23, 2018. Then the conference organization committee will review all registered authors’ abstracts and inform you whether your submission is accepted for post presentation before November 26, 2018.
For more information, please contact us via e-mail at: Climate-health-forum @hotmail.com. We look forward to seeing you soon in Guangzhou during this December!