This special issue will be devoted to bioabsorbable metals and will welcome ontributions from all works, studies, researches, specific to developing metals showing properties for a temporary time, in any applications related to human health, from medical devices to implants, biomaterials, and health-related products. In addition, bone and blood-contact applications, or applications in other anatomical sites, with any kind of physiological function requirements are welcome. Contributions in the following topics areas are encouraged:
- Metals, from design to testing, including new methods for designing new alloys, tools and strategies for predicting performances, numerical modeling, surface treatments of any kind, fabrication processes of any kind, process-property relationships.
- Corrosion, electrochemical methods and processes for testing, assessing, coatings degradable metals with inhibiting, accelerating or pro-active coatings, new electrochemical processes, new tools for electrochemical analysis.
- In-vitro studies, for assessing/investing/studying degradation at short/medium and long term, degradation tests in any kind of pseudo-physiological solutions, degradation tests in 2D, 3D and 4D in-vitro cellular models.
- In-vivo studies, results from implantation in any animal model of biomaterials, implants, and devices with limited expectations in term of stability, functionality, and lifetime expectancy. Toxicity, osteosynthesis, hemocompatibility, or any other physiological properties.
- Others studies, works, preliminary or final results, including regulatory affairs, approval, commercialization aspects, spin-off, translational clinical features and aspects, financial and economy-related factors linked to biodegradable.
Submission deadline: 31 October 2020
- Diego Mantovani, Laval University, Canada. Email: Diego.Mantovani@gmn.ulaval.ca
- Mark Staiger, University of Canterbury, New Zealand. Email: email@example.com
- Frank Witte, University of Berlin, Germany. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ke Yang, Institute of Metal Research, Chinese Acdemy of Sciences, China. Email: email@example.com