New trends in energy savings and greenhouse gas reductions have led to exploring alternative technologies to convert energy more efficiently and cleanly. Among these, ground source heat pump (GSHP) and underground thermal energy storage (UTES), which utilise ground formation that has a more favourable temperature than the ambient environment, are highly efficient and renewable energy technologies for space heating and cooling. To promote communications among researchers on GSHP and UTES, we invite investigators to contribute original research articles and review articles to this special issue.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Ground source heat pump system (GSHPs)
- Underground thermal energy storage (UTES)
- GSHPs integrated with other renewable energy
- GSHP with energy pile
- Heat transfer simulation and enhancement of ground heat exchanger
- Thermal response tests (TRTs)
- Hybrid GSHP with cooling tower/solar collector/other assistant equipment
- Ground/surface water source heat pump
- Submissions open: 1 May 2020
- Submission deadline: 30 September 2020
Note: When submitting, please select article type "Full length article" and mention “VSI: Ground Source Heat Pump and Underground Thermal Energy Storage” in your cover letter.
- Prof. Weibo Yang, Yangzhou University, China
- Prof. Long Ni, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Dr. Xiaobing Liu, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA