Special Section on Innovative Approaches of Smart Grids and Energy Management Systems with Wireless Sensor Networks
Published 11 May, 2023
In recent years, the growing recognition of the urgent issue of global warming and the consequent surge in energy consumption have presented significant challenges in the field of transmission line infrastructure. However, these challenges have also paved the way for innovative solutions and alternative approaches. This evolving landscape has prompted the development of various technologies and alternatives, including alternative fuels, stutter-stepping, and renewable energy systems.
Furthermore, there is a growing interest in the concept of modern infrastructure that incorporates computerized asset management and smart capabilities, with a focus on creating efficient and eco-friendly societies. This has been made possible with the advent of technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT) and smart sensor connectivity. These advancements enable the integration of intelligent systems into infrastructure, thereby enhancing its functionality and sustainability.
This special issue focuses on exploring the diverse applications and integration of wireless sensor networks within the context of smart grids. It delves into recent endeavors that have aimed to incorporate the software-designed wireless sensor network paradigm into smart grid systems. The issue examines the supporting equipment and telecommunication aspects involved, while also presenting open hypotheses and opportunities for further advancement in this field.
We invite researchers to submit original research articles and review papers to the current Special Issue which focuses on creative approaches to smart grids and energy management systems using wireless sensor networks.
Suggested topics include:
- Development of operating system networks of wireless sensors in microgrids.
- Expense household energy optimization using wireless sensors in the electric city.
- Wireless sensing networks' strengths and weaknesses in the power system.
- Optimizing bandwidth requirements in mobile sensor networks to be utilized on the sensor network.
- Using wireless high efficiency, a unique energy conservation strategy for home automation.
- Smart grid system in home automation and integrated optimization techniques.
- Smart distributed generation monitoring, and exchange is sound oriented.
- Technological platforms for an electrically unmanned driver's best energy planning process.
- Analysis of big data for power systems and mobile sensor networks.
- The web of things and distributed generation implementations of networks of wireless sensors depend on internet access.
- A flexible probabilistic reasoning framework for managing electricity at home in demand response scenarios.
Unpublished manuscripts are welcome. All submissions must not be currently under review for publication elsewhere. Conference papers may be submitted only if the paper is completely re-written or substantially (70%) extended. For additional questions please contact the guest editors. All submitted papers will be peer reviewed using the normal standards of IJIN.
Before submission, authors should carefully read the journal's Author Guidelines available at http://www.keaipublishing.com/en/journals/international-journal-of-intelligent-networks/guide-for-authors/.
Selected authors will be invited to submit their through the journal's web submission tool at https://www.editorialmanager.com/IJIN/default.aspx by selecting “VSI: Smart Grids and Energy Management Systems” from the “Issues” pull-down menu during the submission process.
- Submission of manuscript: August 15, 2023
- First notification: October 25, 2023
- Submission of revised manuscript: December 30, 2023
- Final paper due: February 05, 2024
- Publication: As per publisher policy
Editor 1 (Handling Editor)
- Name: Dr. Haris M. Khalid
- Academic Position: Assistant Professor in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Affiliation: University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Email (official): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: +27 (0) 11 559-4555
- Google Scholar Page: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=nUs5BAUAAAAJ&hl=en
- Name: Dr. Qadeer Ahmed
- Academic Position: Research Scientist, Department of Centre for Automotive Research
- Affiliation: The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone Number: 43210-1142
- Google Scholar Page: https://scholar.google.com.pk/citations?user=ZQost2wAAAAJ&hl=en
- Name: Dr. Zafar Said
- Academic Position: Associate Professor, Department of Sustainable and Renewable Energy Engineering,
- Affiliation: University of Sharjah, UAE
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: +971 6 5585000
- Google Scholar Page: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=7sJfroUAAAAJ&hl=en