Special Section on Recent Advances on Parallel and High-performance Computing for Metaverse
Published 10 May, 2023
Neal Stephenson's fictional concept of the metaverse has become a reality due to the advancement of several cutting-edge technologies, among them artificial intelligence, virtual reality and blockchain. Through virtual reality, users can gain access to the metaverse and blockchain is used to enhance its economic system through nonfungible tokens (NFTs). Despite this, much still needs to be done in order for researchers to solve the challenges presented by a large amount of data generated by users. High-performance computing (HPC) may prove an effective solution, employing parallel computing techniques to process data efficiently.
Nevertheless, there remains very little research on the development of HPC standards and these too may be vulnerable to security threats. That said; this special issue aims to bring together academics and industry professionals in order to present recent research into HPC relevant for metaverse technology.
The aim of this special issue is to provide a premier international platform for a wide range of professions, including scholars, researchers, academicians and professionals to discuss and present the most recent techniques for parallel computing and high-performance computing in metaverse from the perspective of providing awareness and its best practices for the real world.
We invite researchers to contribute original research articles and review articles that seek to understand the novel techniques for future improvements.
Suggested topics include:
- High Performance Computer Architecture for Metaverse
- High Performance Computer System Software for virtual reality
- High Performance Computing Environments for Second space
- High Performance IC for big data
- High Performance Storage Technology for Blockchain
- Network Communication System Simulation of Digital Twins and Metaverse
- Automobile Communication Structure of Digital Twins and Metaverse
- Energy Management of Equipment Maintenance in Digital Twins
- Management standards for the metaverse
- Authenticity of HPC devices in metaverse
- Conceptual Modelling of Digital Twins
- Framework Definition for Digital Process Twins
- Security of HPC in metaverse
- Digital Process Twins for What-if Process Analysis
- Quality Assurance of Digital Process Twins
- Enactment of Digital Process Twins by HP
Unpublished manuscripts are welcome. All submissions must not be currently under review for publication elsewhere. Conference papers may be submitted only if the paper is completely re-written or substantially (70%) extended. For additional questions please contact the guest editors. All submitted papers will be peer reviewed using the normal standards of IJIN.
Before submission, authors should carefully read the journal's Author Guidelines available at http://www.keaipublishing.com/en/journals/international-journal-of-intelligent-networks/guide-for-authors/.
Selected authors from 3rd International Conference on Cyber Security, Privacy and Networking(ICSPN-2023) (https://cyber-conf.com/icspn2023) will be invited to submit their paper through the journal's web submission tool at https://www.editorialmanager.com/IJIN/default.aspxby selecting “VSI: Computing for Metaverse” from the “Issues” pull-down menu during the submission process.
- Submission of manuscript: October 05, 2023
- First notification: November 05, 2023
- Submission of revised manuscript: December 05, 2023
- Final paper due: December 31, 2023
- Publication: As per the journal’s policy
Editor 1 (Handling Editor)
- Name : Brij B. Gupta
- Academic Position: Professor
- Affiliation: Asia University, Taiwan, China
- Email: email@example.com
Editor 2: Co – editor 1
- Name:Nadia Nedjah
- Academic Position: Professor
- Affiliation: State University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Editor 3: Co – Editor 2
- Name:Kwok Tai Chui
- Academic Position: Assistant Professor
- Affiliation: Hong Kong Metropolitan University, Hong Kong, China
- Email: email@example.com