Journal of Future Foods
Journal of Future Foods
Journal of Future Foods is a peer-reviewed open access journal belonging to the discipline of food science and technology. The aim of the journal is to report latest research results of high-tech in f...
Journal of Future Foods is a peer-reviewed open access journal belonging to the discipline of food science and technology. The aim of the journal is to report latest research results of high-tech in food science. We welcome submissions that drive the field of food science towards whole food nutrition, intelligence and high technology.
Journal of Future Foods is dedicated to disseminating cutting-edge fundamental food science research, exploring the frontier issues of future food research and developing disruptive technologies in the food field. Articles must present information that is novel, high impact and scientifically robust.
Topics featured in Journal of Future Foods include:
- Food bio-manufacturing: The application of cell, enzyme and genetic engineering in the manufacture of new food products and food ingredients, and improvements to food processing efficiency.
- Sensory and oral processing of foods: For example,
- sensory measurements and evaluation,
- nature of sensory experience and sensation perception,
- molecular gastronomy,
- relationship between physical properties of foods and dynamic sensory perception,
- relationship between instrumental measurements and human perception, and
- the relationship between sensory responses, eating behaviors and nutrition.
- Precision nutrition: Dietary supplements and foods for specific populations (such as the elderly, pregnant women, infants and children), or to meet individuals & specific needs, including foods for special dietary use.
- High tech:
- 3D printing
- advanced physical processing and green manufacturing technologies, etc.
- Intelligent equipment: Image and spectroscopic technologies; intelligent sensory technologies in food ingredients and product composition analysis; non-destructive testing, storage and transportation and quality control, etc.
- Food safety big data: Blockchain, traceability and risk assessment technologies, and predictive microbiology in food safety assurance.
- Smart and green food packaging:
- active, intelligent or combined packaging for foods;
- green materials and green technologies for food packaging;
- innovative packaging for food takeout and bioactive delivery;
- packaging systems coupled with sensors, indicators, radio frequency identification technology and modern barcode technology.
- Cross-disciplinary research:
- the exploration of new food materials and ingredients;
- research focusing on medicine and food homology;
- food hazard screening, prevention and control;
- loss minimization for edible agricultural products;
- systematic research on the association between food intake, physical activity and health-related quality of life;
- digitalisation in the food supply chain, etc.
Formerly known as Beijing Food Research Institute (BFRI), Beijing Food Brewing Institute (BFBI), and China Meat Research Centre (CMRC), Beijing Academy of Food Sciences (BAFS) was founded in May 2010. There are some institutions of scientific research, testing, and publishing established, which consist of State Meat Processing Engineering Technolog...
So far, BAFS has undertaken more than 1000 special fund supported projects from domestic and overseas governments, in which national science and technology support programmers, and nonprofit industry research specialty were included, applied for more than 500 patents, published more than 2000 domestic and overseas academic papers, made more than 150 national, ministerial and municipal standards, altogether won awards above the provincial or ministerial levels more than 300 times, and stabled transformation of scientific research achievements forefront in the industry. Among them, many achievements have reached international leading level, and filled up the blank of domestic science and technology of food industry, such as fermented meat processing, soybean processing, cleaner production and resource comprehensive utilization.
Affiliated with Beijing Academy of Food Sciences (BAFS), National Meat Food Quality Supervision and Inspection Center, Beijing Tea Quality Supervision and Inspection Station, and Beijing Food Quality Supervision and Test 2nd and 3rd Stations take up testing species involving in meat, eggs, fisheries, tea, beverage, condiment, bean products, pastries, pickles, spices, frozen food, frozen drinks, etc. Including food testing for 2008 Olympic Games, they have successfully accomplished various jobs from AQSIQ, State Administration for Industry and Commerce (SAIC) for years, and have made outstanding contributions to guarantee national food safety.
The eight journals issued by China Food Publishing Co. belong to BAFS, namely Food Science, Food Science and Human Wellness, Journal of Future Foods, China Brewing, Meat Research, Journal of Dairy Science and Technology, China Food, and Food World, play principal roles in technology information transmission and food culture, and provide an professional platform for promoting high-technological exchange within the industry and carry forward Chinese diet culture.
Besides possessing abundant forces on science research development, inspection and testing, journal publishing, and international training, BAFS has formed its researching and managing team with complete major distribution, proper structure collocation, and high quality.
With the lofty missions of ‘ahead of academic research, innovation of food technology’, BAFS devotes its great efforts for developing a splendid goal of ‘ leading domestic and international famous scientific institutions’.
Call for papers
Special Issue: Advances in quality and safety control of fruits and vegetables throughout supply chain
Submission Deadline: 30 June 2023
Personalised (precision) nutrition and ultra-processed food: integrating food, nutrition and health
Submission deadline: 31 March 2023
Oral processing of soft foods – state of the art and trends
Submissions due: 30 June 2023