Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and alcohol-associated liver disease (ALD) are the two leading causes of end-stage liver disease, liver cancer and liver transplants. There is an unmet need for effective clinical management of these diseases. Developing novel and safe therapies requires improved understanding of the disease pathogenesis and identification of novel drug targets through basic and translational research.
For this special issue, we are looking for original research articles that advance current understanding of the disease mechanisms and novel treatment strategies. We are also looking for review articles that highlight recent advances in the field of fatty liver diseases.
These will include, but not be limited to:
- Lipid metabolism in fatty liver diseases
- Alcohol in fatty liver diseases
- Cholesterol and bile acid signalling in fatty liver diseases
- Inter-organ crosstalk in fatty liver diseases
- Pathogenic mechanisms of NAFL to NASH progression
- Therapy for fatty liver diseases
- Submission deadline: 30 August 2022
- Publication date:30 September 2022