Special issue on biosensors and chemosensors - perspectives and applications in biomedical engineering
Published 13 August, 2021
Biosensors are capable of transforming biological information into signals that are useful for biomedical and bioanalytical purposes in healthcare applications. Biosensors are used in many biomedical devices, including drug delivery monitoring, targeted therapeutics, protein and peptide delivery, hearing aids, bioimplants, orthopaedics, dentistry, tissue engineering and diagnosis, etc. The use of molecular sensors, or ‘chemosensors’ has also been growing in popularity. The fact that biosensors and chemosensors offer improved specificity and high-sensitivity signals that are easy to detect has seen them employed in bioanalytical instruments for drug analysis and bioimaging, etc.
This special issue will present novel, high-quality and original research articles, as well as review articles, short communications and letters focused on perspectives and applications of biosensors and chemosensors in biomedical engineering.
- Materials for chemical sensing
- Nano- and micro-technologies for sensing
- Chemical assay and validation
- Analytical methods
- Chemical sensor applications
- Electrochemical devices and sensors
- Chemical biosensors- bioenergy and materials
- Nano-biosensor materials
- Applications of sensors
- Submission deadline: 30 December 2021
Please read the Guide for Authors before submitting. All articles should be submitted online; please select Biosensors and Chemosensors on submission.
- Prof. Md Saquib Hasnain, Palamau Institute of Pharmacy, India. Email: email@example.com
- Dr. Amit Kumar Nayak, Seemanta Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, India. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org