The fourth industrial revolution, also known as Industry 4.0, is now a reality. Industry and service sectors are accepting this new transition, and COVID-19 has only accelerated these developments. Industry 4.0 creates a flexible, customer-oriented market that can quickly and efficiently satisfy the individual customer's needs and demands, ultimately supporting sustainable industrial growth. It will bridge the gap between the producer and the customer, advance manufacturing technology and create new job segments, such as robot experts and big data analysts. In fact, the Industry 4.0 transformation will affect almost all walks of life on the planet and research is required to identify the global ramifications.
This special issue will focus on research highlighting sustainability advances in Industry 4.0 and its associated digital technologies. We welcome submissions from researchers, academicians, industry professionals and scholars from a wide range of disciplines such as industrial systems, business, production systems, management science, operational research, operations management, computational science, applied mathematics and statistics.
These include, but are not limited to, some of the following themes:
- Evolution of sustainability in the new technological era
- Sustainable Industry 4.0 technologies for smart healthcare
- The impact of Industry 4.0 on sustainability
- A sustainable ecosystem of Industry 4.0 applications
- A sustainable transformation to the new industry standards
- Issues and challenges in implementing a sustainable Industry 4.0
- Industry 4.0 for environmental protection and process safety
- Emergent sustainable services through Industry 4.0
- Complexity in sustainable Industry 4.0 systems and networks
- Digital and smart, sustainable production systems
- Industry 4.0 for sustainable manufacturing systems
- Socio-economic challenges with the implementation of Industry 4.0 and its associated technologies
- Automation issues for sustainable Industry 4.0 technologies
- The role of Additive Manufacturing in Industry 4.0
- Submission deadline: 30 November 2021
Please read the Guide for Authors before submitting. All articles should be submitted online; please select SI: Issues in Industry 4.0 and Its Associated Technologies as the “Article Type”. Submitted papers will undergo a regular review process, which complies with the usual high standards of SUSOC.