Businesses have been exposed to various challenges during the global pandemic, and their response to these disruptions has impacted their resilience, as well as their potential to overcome the crisis. Small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) have been adjusting their business models to adapt to this changing environment. Service-based industries have been hit particularly hard.
There are many fields of application in the agro-food industry where interoperability of information systems is urgently needed. These include food tracking and tracing, logistics, supplier relationship management (SRM) and customer relationship management (CRM) integration.
This special issue will feature operational research on applying advanced analytical methods to decision-making around agricultural and food management in SMEs. We welcome high-quality manuscripts addressing theoretical and practical problems and real-world implementations, or papers focusing on business tools in agro-food SMEs.
- The agro-food model for sustainable farming
- Digital business models for SMEs
- Business intelligence for agro-food SMEs
- Domestic agro-food research
- Marketing strategies and innovative marketsin agro-food SMEs
- Health promoting agro-food innovation
- Integrated environmental management implementation in food-processing SMEs
- New innovative toolsto support the agro-food sector
- Agro-food logistics management
- Creative economy businesses for agro-food SMEs
- Digital business ecosystem prototyping for agro-food SMEs
- Application of agro-food industry 5.0 in SMEs
- Submissions close: 30 March 2023
- Notification of review results: 15 May 2023
- Revised manuscripts due: 15 July 2023
- Final decision: 30 September 2023
- Antonio Zuorro, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy. Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ahmed El-Masry, Centre for Financial and Corporate Integrity (CFCI), Coventry University, UK. Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- George Baourakis, Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chania (CIHEAM-MAICh), Greece. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gomaa Agag, Nottingham Trent University, UK. Email: email@example.com