The Sustainable Operations and Computers (SUSOC) journal invites submissions of research papers addressing the sustainability aspects of additive manufacturing technologies.
Global concerns for sustainability and commitment to mitigating climate changes have led to a rising demand in sustainable technologies—additive manufacturing is one such technology.
Additive manufacturing uses data computer-aided-design (CAD) software or 3D object scanners to direct hardware to deposit material, layer upon layer, in precise geometric shapes. This technology has helped in shortening product development time, reducing wastage of materials and developing complex parts without additional costs. It is therefore important that we continue to explore the potential of additive manufacturing, particular in the areas of optimization of geometry process parameters, inventory, supply chains and production planning.
For this Special Issue, research papers that focus on the theoretical and experimental approaches to achieve sustainability goals using additive manufacturing technologies are encouraged.
Potential topics include, but not limited to:
- Additive Manufacturing and Industry 4.0
- Material Aspects of Additive Manufacturing
- Post Processing of Additive Manufacturing Parts
- Economic Aspects of Additive Manufactured Parts
- Additive Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management
- Additive Manufacturing and Energy Aspects
- Friction and Wear Behaviour of AM parts
- Additive Manufacturing and logistics
- Sustainability Aspects of Additive Manufacturing
- Additive Manufacturing and Sustainable Supply Chain
- Geometry Optimization and Additive Manufacturing
- Product Development Time and Additive Manufacturing
- Additive Manufacturing and Production planning
- Mechanical/Physical/Thermal Aspects of Additive Manufacturing
- Biodegradable Raw Materials for Additive Manufacturing
- Environmental Impact Assessment of Additive Manufacturing
- Recycling, remanufacturing and Additive Manufacturing
- Computer-based approaches related to Decision Making in Additive Manufacturing
- Paper Submission Due: October 9, 2023
- Notification of Review Results: October 30, 2023
- Revised Manuscript Due: November 30, 2023
- Final Decision: December 25, 2023
Prospective authors are to follow SUSOC’s guidelines for submission (http://www.keaipublishing.com/en/journals/sustainable-operations-and-computers/).
Please select “VSI: Sustainability – Additive manufacturing” as the “Article Type” during the submission process. Submitted papers will undergo a normal review process according to the high standards of SUSOC.
Further instructions for authors can be found at: http://www.keaipublishing.com/en/journals/sustainable-operations-and-computers/guide-for-authors/
- Dr. Mir Irfan Ul Haq,Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University,India (Email:firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Ankush Raina, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, India (Email:email@example.com)
- Dr. Nida Naveed, University of Sunderland, United Kingdom (Email:firstname.lastname@example.org)