HydroResearch is a peer-reviewed, open access journal publishing original research papers, short communications, review articles and book reviews in the broader field of hydrology, ecohydrology, hydro...
HydroResearch is a peer-reviewed, open access journal publishing original research papers, short communications, review articles and book reviews in the broader field of hydrology, ecohydrology, hydrobiology, hydrogeochemistry and hydrometeorology, including water management and policy issues.
The journal topics covered include:
- all hydrological processes including physical, chemical and biological
- interactions and inter-relationship between groundwater, surface water, snow and ice
- hydrological extremes and its ecological impact
- impacts of climate extremes and land-use changes on hydrological cycles
- effects of land-use changes and hydrologic engineering on water resources
- the interface between ecological and hydrological processes
- coupling between hydrodynamic property, geomorphology and vegetation
- the interactions among hydrological, chemical and biological connectivities
- hydrogeochemical behaviour, controlling processes and modelling
- fate and ecological risks of contaminants in the aquatic and wetland ecosystems
- effects of hydrological fluctuations on biogeochemical and microbial processes
- water management and policy issues
- vritual water and water footprint
- urban hydrology and flooding risk
Manuscripts providing new insights on all the subfield of the hydrological science at local, regional or global scales, the development of new methods/models, and/or instrumentation and field-based research are welcome.
The journal encourages application of statistical and remote sensing methods in hydrological sciences and multi-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary research of hydrological problems through integrating with hydrological, ecological, geological, meteorological, social, and economic sciences.