Topic: Fish microbiota research
Published 08 December, 2021
Research has drastically increased our knowledge of the important function of intestinal microbiota in health and disease. Fish microbiota research is a fast-growing interdisciplinary research area that involves microbial ecology, aquaculture, host-microbe interaction, etc. In this special issue, we welcome studies or review articles on fish microbiota research. Topics will include, but not be limited to:
- The ecology of fish microbiota
- Impacts of the microbiota on aquaculture
- Gnotobiotic fish models and novel techniques in fish microbiota study
- Commensal bacteria of fish and probiotics
- The microbiota and wild fisheries
- The microbiota on disease development and control
- Submissions open: 5 December 2021
- Submissions close: 30 June 2023
- Expected time to first decision: 4 weeks after submission
Please read the Guide for Authors before submitting. All submissions should be made via the online editorial system. All submissions will undergo a normal peer-review process. If the manuscript is accepted, the article will be published open access with no fee payable by the author.
Professor Zhigang Zhou
Sino-Norway Fish Gastrointestinal Microbiota Joint Lab, Feed Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, China.
Emeritus Professor Einar Ringø
Arctic University of Norway, pioneer in fish microbiota research, and principal consultant of international research consortium on the gastrointestinal microbiota of aquatic animals.
Professor Mehdi Soltani
University of Tehran, Iran | Adjunct Professor, Murdoch University, Australia.
Dr. Chao Ran
Key Laboratory for Feed Biotechnology of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs, Feed Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, China.