Grain & Oil Science and Technology (GOST) is an international peer-reviewed diamond Open Access (OA) journal and upon acceptance all articles are permanently and freely available on ScienceDirect. GOST publishes innovative papers in the fields of grain engineering (processing and storage of staple food grain and cereals), food science and engineering (food chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology, nutrition, food safety), oil science and engineering (processing and storage of oils and fats, oil chemistry for food use). Contributions written in English in the form of critical reviews, research papers, short communications, short reviews are welcomed.
The main topics of interest include:
- Grain and oil processing theory and technology
- Grain and oil storage technology and quality detection
- Food safety detection and quality control
- High-value utilization of grain and oil resources
- Stored grain pest control technology and application
- Quality and function evaluation of grain and oil products
- Flour product processing theory and novel technology
- Research on food bioactivity and bioactive compositions
- Comprehensive utilization of grain and oil by-products
- Other special researches related to grains and oils
GOST will not consider papers that focus on purely clinical or engineering aspects, pharmaceutical or non-food herbal remedies, traditional or folk medicines, therapeutic application of food compounds/isolates for treatment.
GOST is committed to the highest standards. Only papers that have not been previously published, that fit in the above mentioned topics covered by the journal, and that have been reviewed by experts in the field prior to publication will be accepted. Cover letters must state that the manuscript is new and original, and not under consideration for publication elsewhere. Co-authors should be individuals who have substantially contributed to the content of the paper. All authors must declare any potential conflicts of interest and all financial support.